Home  |  News  |  Reviews  | About Search :  HardWare.fr 



ProcessorsMotherboardsGraphics CardsMiscellaneousHard DisksSSD
Advertise on BeHardware.com

News of the day

  • ASUSTeK and Pegatron separate
  • Gulftown will be called Core i7-980X
  • Seagate drives at just 7mm
  • Archives

    Décembre 2009
    LMMJVSD
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30 31

    You can read previous news using our archives.

    << Previous day's news
    December 11, 2009
    Next day of news >>
    December 15, 2009



     ASUSTeK and Pegatron separate
      Posted on 14/12/2009 at 14:08 by Marc - source: DigiTimes
    Imprimer cette news Envoyer cette news par e-mail

    Logo ASUSIn 2008, ASUSTeK split one section of its activity into two new entities: Pegatron for components manufacture and Unihan for non-electronic products such as boxes.

    ASUS has decided to take things a step further in a new operation that will take its ownership of Pegatron from 100% down to 25%, the remaining 75% shared out between current ASUSTeK shareholders. This operation should make Pegatron truly independent of ASUSTeK and improve competitivity.

    Pegatron is set to use its ASRock brand to attack the high-end, left to ASUSTeK up till now, and ASUSTeK will outsource less to Pegatron. Reportedly the proportion of orders being transferred to the chinese subsidiary of First International Computer (FIC) will go from 50 to 30%.



     Gulftown will be called Core i7-980X
      Posted on 14/12/2009 at 13:25 by Marc - source: PCOnline
    Imprimer cette news Envoyer cette news par e-mail

    We now know the name under which the Gulftown will be sold, the 6-core 32nm processor designed for Socket LGA1366.


    Planned for the first quarter of 2010, it will be on sale as the Core i7-980X. Other news from the latest Intel roadmap, no other models are currently planned for 2010 beyond this steeply-priced “Extreme Edition” version.


    Note the new entry-level Core i7, the i7-930, which will replace the 920.



     Seagate drives at just 7mm
      Posted on 14/12/2009 at 09:46 by Marc
    Imprimer cette news Envoyer cette news par e-mail

    Seagate has announced the Momentus Thin, a 2"1/2 drive with capacities from 160 to 250 GB. Their particularity is that they are only 7 mm thick, compared to 9.5 mm for standard 2"1/2 drives. Seagate is looking to place the Momentus Thin between the standard 2"1/2 drives and the 1"8 drives.


    Using the SATA 3 Gb/s interface, the Thins turn at 5400 rpm and have an 8 MB cache. They will be online from Seagate as of January 2010.


    << Previous day's news
    December 11, 2009
    Next day of news >>
    December 15, 2009


    Copyright © 1997- Hardware.fr SARL. All rights reserved.
    Read our privacy guidelines.