Home  |  News  |  Reviews  | About Search :  HardWare.fr 



ProcessorsMotherboardsGraphics CardsMiscellaneousHard DisksSSD
Advertise on BeHardware.com

News of the day

  • AMD to launch the Turion A64 X2 65nm
  • New official ForceWare for XP & Vista
  • GPU Clock Tool: AMD's OC tool available
  • GPU Q1 2007: Intel progresses
  • Creative ALchemy & Audigy
  • Archives

    Mai 2007
    LMMJVSD
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30 31

    You can read previous news using our archives.

    << Previous day's news
    May 2, 2007
    Next day of news >>
    May 4, 2007



     GPU Q1 2007: Intel progresses
      Posted on 03/05/2007 at 21:34 by Nicolas - source: Digitimes
    Imprimer cette news Envoyer cette news par e-mail

    DollarsJon Peddie Research announced the GPU sales for the first quarter 2007. Nvidia takes the first place from Intel for the desktop segment which felt to 54.8 million units during the first months of the year. This is 4.8% less than the same period last year. Sales of mobile graphic circuits dropped 7.2% compared to the previous quarter but jumped 24.6% in a year to 23.9 million units. IGPs, however, continues to represent the majority of sales: 78.2%. The remaining 21.8% corresponds to mobiles GPUs and are shared between Nvidia 60.3% and AMD 39.7% (-1.2%).

    All in all, Intel progressed to 38.7% from 37.4 % end of 2006. One of the reasons is that the manufacturer IGPs now equips 55% of laptops (+5% compared to the previous quarter). Nvidia is stable at 28.5%. The good performances on the desktop segment are counterbalanced by the slight drop in laptop sales to 20% (-2.9% compared to the same period last year). With 21.9% (-1.1%) AMD loses some grounds but provides honorable results compared to the third quarter 2006 (20.9%). VIA and SiS are in the same situation and now represents 6.4% and 4.3% shipments.


    << Previous day's news
    May 2, 2007
    Next day of news >>
    May 4, 2007


    Copyright © 1997- Hardware.fr SARL. All rights reserved.
    Read our privacy guidelines.